In case you didn’t see them in our previous post, check out these sneering tweets this afternoon from Texas Eagle Forum President Cathie Adams. Adams is referring to the orange-clad activists who have swarmed the Texas Capitol over the past two days in opposition to legislation interfering in the private medical decisions women make about when or whether to have children. Adams refers to those activists as “stinky stalking feminists” and “feminazis.” But she isn’t the only religious-righter who has resorted to degrading rhetoric over the past couple of days. Last night state Rep. Debbie Riddle, R-Houston, called opponents of the proposed anti-abortion bills “pro-death” and suggested that they are worse than Nazis who murdered Jews.
- Anti-Gay Pastor: Starbucks Flavors Its Coffee with 'Semen from Sodomites'
- Texas Legislator-to-Be Says There Is No Separation of Church and State
- Houston Rally: Religious-Righters Claim America Is on Nazi Path to Christian Persecution
- Live-Blogging the Texas Social Studies Textbook Vote
- Some Things Never Change (UPDATED) (SECOND UPDATE)
- Advocates Applaud Publishers for Removing Climate Change Denialism from Texas Textbooks, Putting Education Ahead of Politics