In case you didn’t see them in our previous post, check out these sneering tweets this afternoon from Texas Eagle Forum President Cathie Adams. Adams is referring to the orange-clad activists who have swarmed the Texas Capitol over the past two days in opposition to legislation interfering in the private medical decisions women make about when or whether to have children. Adams refers to those activists as “stinky stalking feminists” and “feminazis.” But she isn’t the only religious-righter who has resorted to degrading rhetoric over the past couple of days. Last night state Rep. Debbie Riddle, R-Houston, called opponents of the proposed anti-abortion bills “pro-death” and suggested that they are worse than Nazis who murdered Jews.
- Publishers Make Some Revisions to Texas Textbooks, But Big Problems Remain
- Backlash Grows as Right-Wing Censors Push Political Attacks on AP U.S. History Course
- SMU Scholar: New Texas Textbooks Suggest 'Wrong-Headed Idea That the United States Was Founded on Biblical Law'
- RNC Head Lies about the Texas Anti-Abortion Law
- What's in the Proposed New Texas Textbooks? Taxes Are Bad for Society
- Texas Legislator-to-Be Says There Is No Separation of Church and State