In case you didn’t see them in our previous post, check out these sneering tweets this afternoon from Texas Eagle Forum President Cathie Adams. Adams is referring to the orange-clad activists who have swarmed the Texas Capitol over the past two days in opposition to legislation interfering in the private medical decisions women make about when or whether to have children. Adams refers to those activists as “stinky stalking feminists” and “feminazis.” But she isn’t the only religious-righter who has resorted to degrading rhetoric over the past couple of days. Last night state Rep. Debbie Riddle, R-Houston, called opponents of the proposed anti-abortion bills “pro-death” and suggested that they are worse than Nazis who murdered Jews.
- 2015 Texas Lege: Contender for Most Ridiculous Bill of the Session
- Texas Voucher Scam Would Shift Hundreds of Millions in Tax Dollars from Public to Private Schools
- Adios: Gov. Perry's Top Religious-Right Moments
- Here Is How Religious-Right Activists Sound So Much Like Opponents of Interracial Marriage Decades Ago
- Greg Abbott's Hypocrisy
- Rep. Zedler, Poland Would Like a Word with You