- Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton Declares War on the Constitution
- How Did the Tea Party/Religious Right Lose So Badly on LGBT Discrimination in the Texas Legislature?
- So What Exactly Does 'Traditional' Marriage Mean?
- Anti-Abortion Extremists Would Rather Women Die Than Go to Planned Parenthood
- Oh Please, Don, Let Us Roll Our Eyes at You Even Harder
- Gov. Greg Abbott Appoints SBOE Member Donna Bahorich as New Chair
Category Archives for Liberty Counsel
Listening to right-wing radio often leaves us wondering whether we need to get a rabies vaccine. It’s really that bad. But we monitor those programs so we can shine a light on the frothing, hateful nonsense they promote. Case in point: today’s “Faith and Freedom” radio program from Liberty Counsel, the Florida-based organization so extreme that the Southern […]
UPDATE Late Thursday the haters at the right-wing Texas Pastor Council sent out an email promoting a “Save Our Scouts” rally on Wednesday at the Boy Scouts of America national headquarters in Irving (near Dallas). The message promotes the smear that gay people are inherent threats to children and churches: Pastors, if the scouts fall, […]
David Barton claims Christians are under attack in America, but he doesn’t seem to have a problem with fellow extremists who promote religious bigotry. A Twitter post from Barton pointed us today to a Washington Times column from Matt Barber of the right-wing, virulently anti-gay group Liberty Counsel. Liberty Counsel is based in Florida but […]
Lynch mobs don’t care about facts. And lynch mobs made up of politicians and pressure groups really, really don’t care about facts. What they care about is manufacturing rage to advance political agendas. And that brings us to the story of a gay teacher and one of his students in a Fort Worth high school. […]