- Faith-Based Presenter Tells High Schoolers: 'Dateable Girls Know How to Shut Up!'
- How Science Won in the Texas Textbook Battle
- Big News: Science Education Advocates Thwart Late-Night Hijacking of Texas Science Textbook Adoption
- BREAKING NEWS: Science Education Wins in Texas!
- Oil and Gas Industry Advocates Launch Surprise Attack on Texas Environmental Science Textbook
- Cynthia Dunbar (Remember Her?) Says Teaching Texas Kids about Climate Change Is 'Socialized Education'
Category Archives for Cesar Chavez
During the Texas State Board of Education‘s revision of social studies curriculum standards in 2009-10, David Barton insisted that the board delete labor and civil rights icon César Chávez from a section on citizenship in the Grade 5 standards: “(H)e certainly lacks the stature, impact, and overall contributions of so many others; and his open […]
Remember when phony historian and alleged social studies “expert” David Barton advised the Texas State Board of Education to strip out César Chavez from new social studies curriculum standards for public schools? Here’s what the head of the Texas-based group WallBuilders said in 2009: “(Chavez’s) open affiliation with Saul Alinsky’s movements certainly makes dubious that […]
Texas State Board of Education Chairwoman Gail Lowe has some peculiar views when it comes to teaching students about good citizenship. In her view, labor leader César Chavez and civil rights champion and former U.S. Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall aren’t good role models for that. Right-wing critics want to censor discussion of Chavez and […]