- Texas GOP Legislator Matt Krause Decides Discrimination Is More Important Than Jobs for Texans
- Texas Lawmaker Reverses Course on Misguided 'Religious Freedom' Amendment
- Texas Legislator: Businesses Should Be Able to Discriminate Against Anyone
- Rick Perry's New Campaign Hire Thinks God Doesn't Want Women to Be Leaders
- Checking Our Hate Mail: TFN Is 'Stupid' and Public Schools Are 'Evil'
Category Archives for Steve Salyer
All Texas State Board of Education (SBOE) seats are up for election this year, but so far there’s not a lot of money flowing into those campaigns. Nearly all SBOE candidates have now filed their July 1, 2011-December 31, 2011, campaign finance reports with the Texas Ethics Commission. Some non-surprises: Geraldine “Tincy” Miller, R-Dallas, is […]
Because of redistricting, all 15 seats on the Texas State Board of Education will be up for grabs in the November 2012 elections. The results of those elections will determine whether the religious right’s corrosive influence over public education will weaken or grow as the board considers what the next generation of public school students […]