- Anti-Gay Pastor: Starbucks Flavors Its Coffee with 'Semen from Sodomites'
- Texas Legislator-to-Be Says There Is No Separation of Church and State
- Houston Rally: Religious-Righters Claim America Is on Nazi Path to Christian Persecution
- Some Things Never Change (UPDATED) (SECOND UPDATE)
- Advocates Applaud Publishers for Removing Climate Change Denialism from Texas Textbooks, Putting Education Ahead of Politics
- Texas Republican: End Legal Immigration or We'll Never Elect a Conservative President Again
Category Archives for Michael Quinn Sullivan
The head of a right-wing Texas group with a political blog is stepping down at least temporarily as criticism grows over his apparent habit of tweeting anti-gay and other offensive slurs directed at various elected officials and political activists. The announcement of Daniel Greer’s leave of absence at AgendaWise comes a few days after another […]
The head of a Houston-area Tea Party group appears to have been dabbling in extremist right-wing politics for some time and has shared the political stage with various far-right activist and elected leaders in Texas. According to a report in the Texas Tribune, James Ives, president of the Greater Fort Bend County Tea Party, served […]
Michael Quinn Sullivan, head of the anti-government group Empower Texans/Texans for Fiscal Responsibility, has something in common with failed State Board of Education candidate Gail Spurlock: they both see American history through the cracked lens of ideology. During her campaign for the state board this year, Spurlock claimed that the Pilgrims nearly did themselves in […]
Right-wing pooh-bahs in Texas are exploding in rage over today’s Supreme Court ruling upholding health care reform. We’ll have more coming later, but we thought this one from Michael Quinn Sullivan — head of the anti-government group Empower Texans — was really over the top.