- Texas Religious-right Politicians Fall Prey to Scam by 'Godly Man'
- Texas Education Board Candidates Say: Government Shouldn't Be Responsible for Educating Kids!
- Publisher to Texas Creationist's Demands for Biology Textbook Changes: Not Gonna Happen
- 'Intelligent Design' Advocates Acknowledge the Truth: It Really Is About Religion
- Stand with Texas Women, Wear Orange, Again
- Texas Ed Board Candidates Want Religious Beliefs Promoted in Public Schools
Category Archives for civil war
It looks like Texas State Board of Education (SBOE) members aren’t the only ones confused about the history of the old Confederacy during the American Civil War. Tea Party activists in New Mexico are defending the placement of a Confederate flag on a float in a Las Cruces parade marking the 100th anniversary of statehood […]
The controversy over the proposed Texas Confederate license plate we told you about earlier this year is back in the news. And one Republican state legislator has penned an open letter to Gov. Rick Perry, asking him to quash the controversy. The letter by state Sen. John Carona, R-Dallas, reminds us what the Confederate flag […]
Texas may be getting ready to honor the red, white and blue flag. No, not that one. No, not that one either. The Houston Chronicle reports the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles license board is one vote shy of giving its blessing to a state license plate adorned with the Confederate flag. Texas is often […]
Who would even ask such a ridiculous question in the 21st century? Apparently lots of people. From a recent story in the Washington Post entitled “Five myths about why the South seceded”: One hundred fifty years after the Civil War began, we’re still fighting it — or at least fighting over its history. I’ve polled […]