- Head of Texas Education Board Committee Wants to Teach 'Roles of Men and Women in a Traditional Way'
- So Where Are They?
- Rick Green Wonders: Are Mass Murderers All Democrats?
- Texas Congressman Peddles Obama Falsehood in CSCOPE Witch Hunt
- Bill Guts Local Control, Would Give Texas AG Authority to Close Down School Districts by Fiat
- Pflugerville Pastor Tells Congregants How God Wants Them to Vote in School Board Race
Category Archives for Kelly Shackelford
Texas Education Commissioner Robert Scott raised eyebrows last month when he and State Board of Education members engaged in a discussion of the intense focus on testing students. Scott, an appointee of Gov. Rick Perry, called the overemphasis on testing at the state and local level a “perversion” of what accountability proponents had intended. You [...]
Once again Texans are getting a lesson in how the religious right uses lies and distortions to promote fear and bigotry. The newest lesson revolves around the Mansfield school district’s decision to accept a five-year, $1.3 million federal grant that largely funds elective classes teaching Arabic (alongside current classes in the district that teach Spanish, [...]
That’s what happened earlier this spring at the Texas State Board of Education during the vote on new science curriculum standards for public schools, according to Kelly Shackelford of Texas’ Focus on the Family affiliate, Free Market Foundation. When it looked like the board was about to pass science standards that did not include creationist-inspired [...]