- Houston Anti-Gay Leader Issues Chilling Call in Effort to Repeal Anti-Discrimination Ordinance
- Ten Outrageous Changes Publishers Agreed to Make to Texas Social Studies Textbooks in 2002
- Be a Christian or GTFO?
- You're Living in the Past, Man
- Very Petty, Attorney General Abbott
- Steve Toth: Too Extreme Even for Texas Republicans?
Category Archives for Family Research Council
Religious-righters claim that barring discrimination against LGBT people violates their religious freedom to, well, discriminate against people they don’t like. Now Tony Perkins, head of the national organization Family Research Council (FRC), is arguing that Christians who support LGBT equality don’t deserve religious freedom themselves. The Southern Poverty Law Center has designated Perkins’ FRC as an anti-gay hate group. Speaking on the […]
The folks at Family Research Council — who helped organize Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s August 2011 prayer extravaganza in Houston — apparently think lying is a perfectly acceptable part of the “Christian worldview” it seeks to promote in public policy. In an email today, the FRC asks its supporters to help stop implementation of the […]
The far-right Family Research Council, which helped organize Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s “The Response” prayer event in Houston last August, appears to have no sense of irony (or shame). FRC has named U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh, R-Ill., a “True Blue” member of Congress because of his “unwavering support of the family.” We suspect Walsh’s ex-wife […]