- Texas Group Worries International Baccalaureate Program Is Turning Students into Leftists
- How the Religious Right Is Turning Pastors into Politicians
- History Repeating Itself on Marriage?
- Texas County Clerk Issues Manifesto Declaring Defiance of Supreme Court's Marriage Ruling
- What's the Deal with Texas History Textbooks and the Civil War?
- Far-right GOP Group Sets Hate Tour Dates Across Texas
Category Archives for Dan Flynn
Dan Flynn, R-Van State Rep. Dan Flynn, R-Van, is of two (or three) minds when it comes to the role religion should play in American law and society. Warning: Do not try to reconcile these statements, all of which were made over the last five months. Flynn, on the urgent need to post the 10 commandments […]
Another anti-Sharia measure received a surprise hearing in the House State Affairs Committee on Wednesday, even though there was no advance notice for the hearing. HJR 43 is a constitutional amendment by Dan Flynn, R-Van, stating that a “court of this state may not enforce, consider, or apply any religious or cultural law.” Strangely, the […]
UPDATE: Rep. Flynn apparently has pulled HJR 43 from committee consideration today. We’ll keep an eye on it. The absurd campaign to ban the mythical threat of Sharia law (Islamic law) in Texas has returned to the state Capitol. Today the House State Affairs Committee will consider a proposed amendment to the Texas Constitution that […]