- David Barton Lectures Pope Francis (Really)
- See What You've Done Now? You've Made Ted Cruz Angry
- Texas Home-School Lobby Group Misleads Parents as It Promotes the Culture Wars
- Redefining 'Religious Liberty' into Nothing?
- More Fear-Mongering from the Texas Renewal Project
- Clash of the Titans or the Loons?
Category Archives for 2011 legislative update
The frustration of Texas legislators with the State Board of Education‘s continuing efforts to drag public schools into the culture wars was so high that the confirmation of Gov. Rick Perry’s appointment of Gail Lowe, R-Lampasas, to another term as board chair this year never made it to the Senate floor. In fact, the Senate […]
It’s a biennial legislative tradition in Texas — trotting out a new batch of devious proposals to merge religion and government and attack religious pluralism. And 2011 was no exception. As the dust settles, the news on this front is mostly good for advocates of religious freedom, as none of the problematic legislation TFN worked […]
Tea Party, and religious-right and other anti-government fanatics launched full-scale attacks on public education, religious freedom and women’s health in the regular and special sessions of the Texas Legislature this year. Over the next week, TFN Insider will recap what happened on major TFN issues during the two sessions. Up today: private school vouchers. Voucher […]