The right’s loathing for President Obama knows no bounds. The venom flows on everything from health care reform to the president’s alleged support for radical Islam. Five years into the current administration, anti-Obama derangement syndrome continued to rage throughout the political right in 2013. Click here to read other summaries of the outrageous things we heard from the right in 2013.
It’s very clear to everyone but this administration that radical Islam is at war against us. I’m hoping either this administration will wake up, or a new one will come in at the next election before irreparable damage is done. This administration has so many Muslim Brotherhood members that have influence that they just are making wrong decisions for America.
–U.S. Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, accusing the Obama administration of aiding terrorists.
Obama is taking the US to war with Syria and Russia so he can support his friends from Al-Qaeda in Syria. — State Rep Steve Toth (@Toth_4_Texas) August 29, 2013
– Texas state Rep. Steve Toth, R-The Woodlands.
This is what happens when you have socialized education pushing particular viewpoints within the classroom. I know Americans are concerned about socialized health care through Obamacare. I think they need to be equally concerned about socialized education through Obamacore.
– Former Texas State Board of Education (SBOE) member Cynthia Dunbar, complaining about new science textbooks, approved by the Texas SBOE in November, that teach about climate change.
The problem for (MSNBC’s Lawrence) O’Donnell is not (Pastor Louie) Giglio, it’s the Bible. He says the practice of presidents putting their hand on the Bible is ‘one of our most absurdist [sic] traditions.’ Furthermore, he says that because Obama embraces the gay agenda, he should not swear on the Bible. The point is not without merit. Given Obama’s ideology, perhaps it would make more sense for him to swear on Das Kapital.
– Catholic League president Bill Donohue on Friday in a news release, suggesting that President Barack Obama should swear his oath of office on Das Kapital — Karl Marx’s famous analysis of political economy — rather than the Bible.
Right now we have a universal health care system — it’s called the emergency room.
– Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, explaining why he thinks the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) is unnecessary.
People I’ve spoken to would like to see the military ‘fulfill their constitutional duty and take out the president.’
– Retired Army Lt. Gen. William Boykin, claiming that members of the military have considered staging a coup d’état against President Obama.
(I)f the definition of racism is to support policies that harm people of color, then Barack Obama is the most racist president in U.S. history.
– Linda Harvey, host of the right-wing radio show Mission America, explaining that what she sees as President Obama’s “ungodly values,” including support for abortion rights and marriage equality for LGBT people, contribute to the slaughter of babies and the spread of HIV in the African-American community.
You know Obamacare is really I think the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery. And it is in a way, it is slavery in a way, because it is making all of us subservient to the government, and it was never about health care. It was about control.
– Dr. Ben Carson, a rising star in conservative circles, comparing President Obama’s health-care law to slavery.