This should be fun. Don McLeroy, the former chairman of the State Board of Education and a leader in efforts to undermine instruction on evolution and rewrite what students learn about American history, is scheduled as a guest on the Colbert Report tonight. McLeroy’s appearance on Stephen Colbert’s show comes after Friday’s premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York of a new documentary, “The Revisionaries,” that examines the role of religious extremists in revising curriculum standards in science and social studies for Texas public schools. McLeroy, Texas Freedom Network President Kathy Miller and the fight over the curriculum standards from 2008 to 2010 are featured prominently in the film. (Click here for the film’s trailer.) The Colbert Report appears at 10:30 p.m. Central/11:30 p.m. Eastern on Comedy Central.
- Lt. Gov's Advisory Panel Says Gov's Pre-K Plans Will Lead Texas Kids to Godless Socialism
- Never Mind Indiana -- The Legislative Assault on LGBT Texans Is Even Worse
- Texas Lawmaker Compares Anti-LGBT Bills to Protecting Jews from Having to Serve Neo-Nazis
- Steven Hotze Hatesplains the Law
- Texas Senate Mugs Public Schools, Gives Preliminary Approval to Private School Vouchers
- This Week @ the Texas Legislature: Vouchers on Senate Floor