This should be fun. Don McLeroy, the former chairman of the State Board of Education and a leader in efforts to undermine instruction on evolution and rewrite what students learn about American history, is scheduled as a guest on the Colbert Report tonight. McLeroy’s appearance on Stephen Colbert’s show comes after Friday’s premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York of a new documentary, “The Revisionaries,” that examines the role of religious extremists in revising curriculum standards in science and social studies for Texas public schools. McLeroy, Texas Freedom Network President Kathy Miller and the fight over the curriculum standards from 2008 to 2010 are featured prominently in the film. (Click here for the film’s trailer.) The Colbert Report appears at 10:30 p.m. Central/11:30 p.m. Eastern on Comedy Central.
- Publishers Make Some Revisions to Texas Textbooks, But Big Problems Remain
- TFN Works with the Best to Keep Politics Out of Public School Classrooms
- Backlash Grows as Right-Wing Censors Push Political Attacks on AP U.S. History Course
- What's in the Proposed New Texas Textbooks? Segregation Wasn't All That Bad
- SMU Scholar: New Texas Textbooks Suggest 'Wrong-Headed Idea That the United States Was Founded on Biblical Law'
- Florida County Commissioners Discover That Religious Freedom Means Freedom for Everyone, Even Pagans