Always Check Your Work, Students

Even Twitter feeds…

(Hat tip: Lee Nichols of the Austin Chronicle)

This article was posted in these categories: Ken Mercer. Bookmark the permalink. Follow comments with the RSS feed for this post. Post a Comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted December 15, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

Charles, that’s hilarious satire….It is, isn’t it?

2. Charles
    Posted December 12, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

I loved this one. Do gravitons exist? This guy has it all figured out:

“Gravity: Doesn’t exist. If items of mass had any impact of others, then mountains should have people orbiting them. Or the space shuttle in space should have the astronauts orbiting it. Of course, that’s just the tip of the gravity myth. Think about it. Scientists want us to believe that the sun has a gravitation pull strong enough to keep a planet like neptune or pluto in orbit, but then it’s not strong enough to keep the moon in orbit? Why is that? What I believe is going on here is this: These objects in space have yet to receive mans touch, and thus have no sin to weigh them down. This isn’t the case for earth, where we see the impact of transfered sin to material objects. The more sin, the heavier something is.”

And you wonder why the Religious Right and Discovery Institute are still in business.

3. Charles
    Posted December 12, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

We have all seen the warped thinking of the Religious Right faction on the Texas SBOE. We are all familiar with the high-profile leadership personalities of the various Religious Right pressure groups. Having seen that, we wonder how any sensible, educated Christian or non-Christian person could become followers of these organizations and their fruitcake ideas. Well, quite by accident, while surfing the worldwide web, I ran into a couple of websites that may provide some insights into the actual thought processes of the followers. The websites list all or a portion of the 100 Greatest Quotes from Christian Fundamentalist Chat Rooms on the Internet.

The first URL provides selected quotes from the Top 100 list in an easy-to-read format. The second URL is the complete Top 100 list in a somewhat irritating format (from a readability standpoint) but still worth examining. I have not read them all but my favorite quote so far is:

“In my opinion, if an animal in the wild like a swan is caught being gay it should be shot on sight, disinfected, and used to feed the poor.”

Frank Capra, were he still alive, might call it “Why We Fight!” Here are the URLs if anyone is interested:

4. Jim Ramsey
    Posted December 12, 2010 at 6:52 am | Permalink

Phonics ???

5. Charles
    Posted December 12, 2010 at 1:39 am | Permalink

I must be getting old to miss that.

6. Ben
    Posted December 11, 2010 at 9:16 am | Permalink

Charles, there is a typo in Mercer’s header. It reads “educaiton.”

7. Charles
    Posted December 10, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Permalink

I’m not quite sure I get it? Are you saying that Mercer puts that “I’m in Charge of Ejukayshun!” as a header on his own tweets? I find that hard to believe—or did I miss the point?

If so, it troubles me that this might be his personal view of public education in Texas—some sort of Freudian tweet. As we all know, people of his general ilk despise the whole idea of free public education. Yet, they want to be in charge of it.

8. Ben
    Posted December 10, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Permalink

Granted, I’m sure he can spell the word, but I still love the irony.