The Texas State Board of Education is progressing slowly through early agenda items this morning. We anticipate that the board won’t get to the debate over proposed new social studies curriculum standards until after lunch. TFN Insider will resume live-blogging from the meeting once board members take up the social studies debate.
- Thanks, Texas SBOE
- 'Was the Civil War About Slavery?'
- David Barton Lectures Pope Francis (Really)
- Reckless Texas Politicians, Religious-Right Group Just Cost Taxpayers $44,000
- Texas Home-School Lobby Group Misleads Parents as It Promotes the Culture Wars
- Texas GOPer Calls for Driving Gay People Out of Houston, Treating Them Like the Nazis in World War II