The Texas State Board of Education is progressing slowly through early agenda items this morning. We anticipate that the board won’t get to the debate over proposed new social studies curriculum standards until after lunch. TFN Insider will resume live-blogging from the meeting once board members take up the social studies debate.
- Publishers Make Some Revisions to Texas Textbooks, But Big Problems Remain
- Backlash Grows as Right-Wing Censors Push Political Attacks on AP U.S. History Course
- SMU Scholar: New Texas Textbooks Suggest 'Wrong-Headed Idea That the United States Was Founded on Biblical Law'
- RNC Head Lies about the Texas Anti-Abortion Law
- What's in the Proposed New Texas Textbooks? Taxes Are Bad for Society
- Texas Legislator-to-Be Says There Is No Separation of Church and State